Manchester United manager, Louis van Gaal has reportedly agreed to swap midfielder Ander Herrera for Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri.
According to Anthony Chapman of the Express, Swiss international, Shaqiri, 23, is unsettled at the German Bundesliga champions due to his inability to nail down a place in the starting XI. The report also claimed Bayern coach Pep Guardiola is a huge fan of Herrera.
Xherdan Xhaqiri Has Made Eight Bundesliga Appearances for Bayern This Season. Image: Gety.
His form on international stage- culminating with a brace over Lithuania in a Euro 2016 qualifier on November 15- has yet to convince the man at the helm of the Allianz Arena outfit.
In an interview with Blick earlier this month, Shaqiri admitted he wanted the move away from Bayern last summer.
“I wanted a move in the summer, of course, but the club made their decision and I’ve just got to live with it,” he said.
“I just felt after the World Cup that it would be better for me to try something new.
“I thought about moving and I had lots of enquiries, but Bayern decided that I had to stay and you can’t do much about that as a player.”
Recent report said the Swiss will be allowed to leave in the winter for a club willing to pay £16m, with Arsenal and Chelsea also thought to have shown interest.
0 comments:
Post a Comment